We have an extensive library of published works on all aspects of genealogy and family history. Our catalogue covers Queensland and other Australian states, New Zealand and the Pacific, as well as extensive holdings for the United Kingdom, Europe, and other overseas countries.
We have access to pay-per-view sites such as Ancestry and Findmypast (the UK, Irish and Australian databases) accessible on particular days through the generosity of several members own subscription.
Our collection covers print material, microfilm/fiche and CDs, as well as online access to internet resources.
- A comprehensive collection of reference material on subjects covering history, heraldry, genealogical research, vital records, etc.
- Available birth, marriage and death indexes (civil registration), together with some BMD registers prior to civil registration.
- A wide range of Australian Census records, post office directories and electoral rolls.
- Immigration, convict and military records.
- Cemetery and burial records for various States.
- A collection of published family histories.
- Some Queensland cemetery and funeral directors records.
- Indexes to south east Queensland Roman Catholic parish registers.
- New resources are being added to the library when possible.
A project to make our catalogue available online through our website is being planned.
Got a “Brick Wall”? Why not visit us and see what we have that can help you get started with your family history research.